Applying to the MCIP Graduate Group
Prospective graduate students may apply for admission to either the M.S. or the Ph.D. programs. Admissions preference is given to Ph.D. applicants.
Applications are accepted for fall quarter admission only.
The MCIP graduate group evaluates applicants using holistic review. Many criteria are considered when reviewing individual applications for admission into the MCIP graduate group:
- Academic Preparation: Are you prepared to pursue a degree in physiology, including success in related/foundational coursework? Is there evidence of self-directed study, etc.?
- Research Interest and Experience: What research questions interest you and why? Do you have experience conducting original research? If so, what research question did you and your team tackle, and why? What did you learn from that experience, and how does that inform your future goals?
- Potential/Promise: Do you have the work ethic, motivation and ability to achieve goals? Is your creativity, perseverance, and balance between focus and flexibility in alignment with the graduate program?
- Leadership and Service
Application Process: What You Need to Know
- The graduate group cannot review an application until all of the application components are received. There is no "grace period" for supporting materials, please ensure that transcripts and letters of recommendation are also received by the application deadline.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Please do not have recommenders email letters or send letters in hard copy.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://grad.ucdavis.edu/admissions/admission-requirements/submitting-your-transcripts.
- As of 2019, the MCIP Graduate Group no longer requires the GRE for admissions.