Applying to the MCIP Graduate Group
Prospective graduate students may apply for admission to either the M.S. or the Ph.D. programs. Admissions preference is given to Ph.D. applicants.
Applications are accepted for fall quarter admission only, and should be made as early as possible.
The MCIP graduate group evaluates applicants using holistic review. Many criteria are considered when reviewing individual applications for admission into the MCIP graduate group:
- Academic Preparation: Are you prepared to pursue a degree in physiology, including success in related/foundational coursework? Is there evidence of self-directed study, etc.?
- Research Interest and Experience: What research questions interest you and why? Do you have experience conducting original research? If so, what research question did you and your team tackle, and why? What did you learn from that experience, and how does that inform your future goals?
- Potential/Promise: Do you have the work ethic, motivation and ability to achieve goals? Is your creativity, perseverance, and balance between focus and flexibility in alignment with the graduate program?
- Leadership and Service
Application Process: What You Need to Know
- The graduate group cannot review an application until all of the application components are received.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically through the online application. Please do not have recommenders send letters in hard copy.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://grad.ucdavis.edu/admissions/admission-requirements/submitting-your-transcripts.
- New for 2019, the MCIP Graduate Group has applied to change the GRE requirement to optional (not required). As soon as the review has been decided, this page will be updated.
- Please use the Institutional Code 4834 for reporting electronic scores from the GRE and/or the TOEFL.
- If you are submitting IELTS scores instead of the TOEFL, those should be sent to:
College of Biological Sciences Dean's Office
Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology Graduate Group
227 Life Sciences
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-5294